In many ways a Leo, is a Leo, is a Leo, whether you are born in July or August. Some of the things that can change the characteristics of each are:
- There will most likely be different Moon signs.
- The ascendant signs will likely be different.
- Mercury’s placement, though always staying close to the Sun, could be different.
In addition, there are decans to consider. Decans divide each 30 degrees sign into 3 decans containing 10 degrees. For instance for the sign of Leo:
- The first 10 degrees of the sign are ruled by the sign itself, which would be Leo/Sun.
- The next, or middle, 10 degrees of the sign are ruled by the next fire sign and its ruler, which would be Sagittarius/Jupiter.
- The third, or last, 10 degrees of the sign are ruled by the next fire sign and its ruler, which would be Aries/Mars.
When we put all of this together, we see that the person born in the first 10 degrees of Leo has a double Leo/Sun signature, so that person would express strong Leonine qualities.
The person born in the next 10 degrees of Leo has the qualities of Leo plus the qualities of Sagittarius/Jupiter. That person would combine the qualities of Leo and Sagittarius in their Sun sign.
The person born in the last 10 degrees of Leo has the qualities of Leo plus the qualities of Aries/Mars. That person would combine the qualities of a Leo Sun with the qualities of an Aries Sun.
You can use the Decans for any Sun sign using the formula:
- First 10 degrees is a double of the sign.
- Next 10 degrees is the sign plus the sign in the same element (fire, water, earth or air) that falls next in the zodiac.
- The last 10 degrees is the sign plus the sign in the same element that falls next in the zodiac.
When you take all of these differences into consideration, two people born in the sign of Leo will have lots of characteristics in common, but can also be very, very different.
Daily horoscope for Leo